Last week, I shared this screenshot which seems to have gotten some attention:
And here’s the thing – I usually share lead inquiry forms on my Instagram because I help service-based businesses get leads from Pinterest. It’s what I do and I do it well. But when I shared the above screenshot, I was shocked at the response I got! So let’s talk about it.
What is Pinterest’s Role in Your Marketing Strategy?
Pinterest is one small (but mighty!) part of your marketing strategy. This is why in my more complete marketing packages, I include content creation. Pinterest works better for you when you are creating content because it loves fresh “pins”. Although it will settle for a new image and old URL, when you share a new image that leads to a new post – well that content gets pushed to the top of the pile.
Pinterest can’t get you new clients or passive income sales. Yikes. Yup. I stand by that. All Pinterest can do is:
- Increase brand recognition (and show you as an expert in your field?)
- Drive traffic (qualified leads searching for what you are looking for) to your website
And it’s only doing these two things IF you are using the platform correctly. Once you have established a solid Pinterest strategy (or just hired me to do it, hello!), you will see a serious increase in traffic/interest. But here’s the thing, it’s not Pinterest’s job to close the deal.
Is Passive Income on your 2022 Goal List? Can you really make passive income from Pinterest?
Absolutely, yes. You just need to set up your website to be converting the traffic that Pinterest is bringing you. And you need to make sure what you are selling is passive income. They say there is “no such thing as true passive income” but let’s really think about that.
If you hire me to manage your Content Marketing and Pinterest (a completely done for you service) and we set your goals upfront to sell passive products, what do you really have to do? Set the vision. If your products aren’t “completely” passive, maybe hire a team.
Are you ready to up your passive income?
I think that you are. If you don’t have a passive income product yet, here are a few ideas using the wedding industry as an example (for those of you who don’t know – my background is in the wedding industry) but this is really just a starting point to get your brain pumping.
- Course: Either for the client side or industry side. You can create a DIY Planning course or a course for new wedding planners (as an example)
- Presets (hello, wedding photographers!)
- Templates (hello, wedding educators)
- Affiliate links (if you hire me to write and market your blog, this can be passive and profitable for you).
- Create an Ebook (again, this could be B2C or B2B). This is what I do with my destination wedding planning guide.
Are you ready? It’s your call, make the next move and let’s chat about how I can help you reach your passive income goals.