Are you looking for a new way to drive traffic to your website? Tired of hustling on Instagram every day just to get a few clicks? Let’s talk about it!
With over 450 million active users, Pinterest’s visual search engine is the perfect platform to showcase your brand and attract new customers. As a highly skilled marketing agency specializing in copywriting, content writing, and digital marketing, we have helped numerous clients unlock the power of Pinterest and drive significant traffic to their websites. Our marketing services are tailored to your unique needs and goals, ensuring that your Pinterest strategy is optimized for both SEO and conversation. From creating eye-catching pins to analyzing analytics and adjusting your strategy, we are here to help you succeed. Let’s work together to unlock the power of Pinterest and take your online presence to the next level.
And hey – we aren’t restricted to “just Pinterest” either. While typically when you hire an agency for Pinterest marketing services you can expect them to provide you with trending content ideas, we can actually write them for you too. Learn more about our Pinterest marketing services here or head here to reach out!
Okay, now back to what you came here for. How can you boost traffic to your website by using Pinterest Marketing?!
Table of Contents
Benefits of using Pinterest for business
Pinterest is a powerful platform that can help businesses (like yours!) expand their reach, increase their brand awareness, and drive traffic to their website. But here are some of the top benefits of using Pinterest for business:
1. High Engagement Rates:
Pinterest users are highly engaged and spend an average of 14.2 minutes per session on the platform. This gives businesses the opportunity to connect with their audience and build brand loyalty. On top of that, I like to remind people that Pinterest users aren’t mindlessly scrolling. They are searching for information, products, and services that will make their lives better! Isn’t that what you want?
2. Higher Household Income:
Pinterest is quickly becoming the go-to platform for luxury brands and high-end retailers, as 45% of its users have a household income of over $100,000. A recent study revealed that while the customer journey might take longer on Pinterest (as users are planners), they are likely to end up spending twice as much compared to other platforms. This makes it an attractive platform for businesses seeking to target customers with higher amounts of disposable income. If you are like most of the coaches and course creators I work with, you have enough “freebie seekers” in your audience already.
3. Improved SEO:
Pinterest is a great way to improve your search engine rankings. The platform has a high domain authority, which means that pins from your website are more likely to appear in search results. Additionally, by optimizing your pins with keywords and descriptions, you can improve your SEO and drive more traffic to your site. Google LOVES to see other websites linking back to your site, and Pinterest is a GREAT place to make this happen.
Pinterest statistics for 2023
Love to dive into data? So do we. Here are some Pinterest statistics you are going to love if you are looking to hire someone for Pinterest marketing services:
- Pinterest users grew 7.5% in 2022 (it’s still relevant AND growing!)
- 8 in 10 people say Pinterest is a place where they feel POSITIVE. If you want your brand to feel aspirational (while still feeling attainable), Pinterest might be a great place to advertise in alignment.
- The largest user base is Millenial women aged 25-34, but Pinterest also has 23 million active Gen Z users. As I said before – it’s still growing!
These are RECENT stats, so if you are ready to start Pinterest marketing services, make sure to reach out to us here and we would love to help!
How Pinterest Marketing works
I hope I’ve captured your interest so far, so let’s dive deeper into how Pinterest marketing works. Most of my clients have one big question (after we talk about ROI potential): how much work is this going to be for me? It’s a fair question! So let’s talk about it.
Pinterest marketing involves creating and sharing content on the platform to attract and engage users. This can include creating eye-catching pins, optimizing your profile and boards for SEO, and using Pinterest advertising to reach a wider audience.
Pinterest is a visual platform, which means that your content needs to be visually appealing and engaging. This can include high-quality images, infographics, and videos. Additionally, optimizing your pins and boards for SEO can help your content rank higher in search results, increasing your visibility and driving more traffic to your website.
We are EXPERTS (humble brag) at doing a lot of this without you, but our clients do need to provide the VISUAL content (images/videos) for us to work with!
Creating a Pinterest marketing strategy
To create a successful Pinterest marketing strategy, it’s important to start with a clear understanding of your goals and target audience. While we have our own signature process here at The Kara Report, here are some key steps to follow:
1. Define your goals: What do you want to achieve with Pinterest marketing? Is it to drive traffic to your website, increase sales, or build brand awareness?
2. Identify your target audience: Who are you trying to reach with your Pinterest content? What are their interests, pain points, and needs?
3. Create a content plan: Based on your goals and target audience, create a plan for the type of content you want to create and share on Pinterest. This can include pins, boards, and even promoted pins.
4. Optimize your profile and boards: Make sure your profile and boards are optimized for SEO, using relevant keywords and descriptions.
5. Measure your results: Use analytics tools to track your performance on Pinterest and adjust your strategy as needed.
Best practices for Pinterest marketing in 2023
Pinterest marketing is more than “posting and hoping.” So, how do you ensure that your efforts on Pinterest are effective? Here are some best practices we recommend you follow when marketing on Pinterest:
- Use high-quality images: Are you tired of hearing us say this yet? In a platform that is visually-driven, it’s important to use high-quality images that are eye-catching and engaging to your audience. Using blurry or low-quality images not only looks unprofessional but can also turn off potential customers.
- Optimize your pins and boards for SEO: This is the boring stuff you hire us for. Like any other search engine, Pinterest has its own SEO algorithm that you should optimize for. Be sure to use relevant keywords and descriptions to optimize your pins and boards for SEO. This will increase your visibility in search results and attract more traffic to your profile.
- Create engaging content: Sorry DIYers, this is where you are falling short! To keep your audience interested and engaged (and to keep the platform TRUSTING you), you need to create content that is relevant, useful, and engaging. Regularly.
- Be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to Pinterest marketing. When you regularly create and share content, you keep your audience engaged and interested. It also helps to build trust with your followers, making it more likely they will convert into customers. Plus, who doesn’t want more opportunities to get in front of more people?
- Use Pinterest analytics: To track how well your Pins and boards perform, use Pinterest analytics. By analyzing your data, you can see what is working and what isn’t. You can adjust your strategy accordingly, optimizing for better results. This MATTERS! If you are still using your intuition as your marketing strategy driver, it’s time to reconsider, friends.
Should you use Pinterest Ads?
One of the benefits of Pinterest ads is that they work differently than ads on other platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. Rather than targeting users based on demographics or interests, Pinterest ads target users based on what they’re actively searching for. This means that your ad will appear to people who are already interested in the type of product or service you offer, increasing the chances of conversion.
However, it’s important to note that if you don’t have at least $35USD per day to spend on advertising, it will likely be more beneficial to stick to organic strategies. This includes creating high-quality content, optimizing your pins and boards for SEO, and engaging with your audience through comments and repins. And hey – it’s also what we specialize in!
Measuring Success on Pinterest
While each company has different priorities, in order to measure the success of your Pinterest marketing efforts, it’s important to track your performance using analytics tools. Here are some key metrics to track if you are just getting started with Pinterest marketing services:
- Reach (impressions): Reach refers to the total number of Pinterest users who have seen your pins, while impressions refer to the total number of times your pins were seen. Both metrics provide insight into how far your content is spreading across the platform.
- Engagement (saves, pin clicks, comments): Engagement measures how users are interacting with your content. Saves indicate that users are bookmarking your pins for later, pin clicks demonstrate that users are interested in learning more about your content, and comments show that users are actively engaging with your brand.
- Top pins and boards: Identifying which pins and boards are most popular can help you understand what type of content resonates best with your audience. This information can inform your content strategy and help you create more effective pins and boards.
- Traffic from Pinterest to your website (outbound clicks): Tracking the amount of traffic that Pinterest is sending to your website can help you measure the effectiveness of your Pinterest marketing efforts. It’s a useful metric for tracking the ROI of your Pinterest campaigns.
- Audience demographics (age, gender, location): Understanding the demographic makeup of your Pinterest audience can help you tailor your content and messaging to better resonate with your target audience.
- Popular topics and keywords: Identifying the topics and keywords that are most popular among your Pinterest audience can help you create content that is more likely to be seen and engaged with.
- Pin performance over time: Analyzing how your pins perform over time can help you identify trends and patterns in your content and audience engagement. This information can help you optimize your content strategy and stay ahead of the curve.
Don’t forget to look at metrics OFF of Pinterest too. Looking at Google Analytics you can see how long Pinterest users are spending on your site, what pages they are visiting, how often they are heading to your checkout page, and so much more!
Our Pinterest marketing services
As a digital marketing agency, we specialize in creating and executing Pinterest marketing strategies that drive traffic to our clients’ websites and increase their brand awareness. While you can find more details here, our services generally include:
1. Pinterest account setup: We’ll set up a Pinterest business account for you and optimize your profile and boards for SEO.
2. Content creation: We’ll create eye-catching pins and boards that are tailored to your brand and target audience. Unlike other Pinterest marketing agencies, we will also write blog posts and email funnels for you too!
3. Analytics and tracking: We’ll use analytics tools to track your performance on Pinterest and adjust your strategy as needed.
4. Advertising: We can help you create and implement a Pinterest advertising strategy to reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your website.
For more of our thoughts on what a true Pinterest marketing funnel looks like, head here next.
At the end of the day, Pinterest is a powerful platform that can help businesses expand their reach, increase their brand awareness, and drive traffic to their website. By creating a Pinterest marketing strategy that is tailored to your unique needs and goals, you can unlock the power of Pinterest and take your online presence to the next level. Ready to get started? Let our team of digital marketing experts help you succeed with Pinterest marketing services. Connect with us here to set up a call!